Monday, February 23, 2009

Flower Power ( AIKGA Gulmohar Club, Feb'09 )







Recently the Gulmohar Club(New Delhi ) organised the annual AIKGA flower/plant show. It was a pleasure to see the colorful spread & organically grown vegetables, fruits.. there were exquisite trays , hanging plant baskets, flower arrangements & other gardening related products on display.


The show was inaugrated by the Vice President's wife ( Mrs Ansari )and was well attended by ladies & families of Gulmohar Park & the neighbouring colonies.

Enjoy the beautiful show....

2 comments:

mithu said...

hey,

i have a comment to make on the article about kenyans being fast runners: while high altitude and genetics are factors in their success, and of course, the desire to be successful and the belief in oneself are definitely "big-ticket" factors as well. the crucial elements the author does not mention is that 1) they train with fast people. when on the track, kenyans and ethiopians AND most successful runners for that matter, train with people who can push their current limit. and 2) they also train everyday, not necessarily hard, but they get out there and manage their hard, easy, and moderate days. and 3) they are tuned in to their bodies and know when they can give more and when to stop. these are things that every runner wanting to be fast or more efficient can do. the only things we can't control really, are genetics. and when it boils down to what matters most, genetics (and altitude) matter least in light of everything else.

Stuart said...

I have started to run in hopes that one day I will complete my first marathon. I am currently training for my first race which is the Best of the Boardrooms 5K in August. I want to start small and gradually work my way up.

The reason why I choose Best of the Boardrooms is because it is put on my an Olympian so I figure this one is legit.

Good Luck

Powered By Blogger