Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SCMM 2008




My first run outside home town was memorable. I participated in the Stanchart Mumbai Half Marathon in 2:02:17 (net time).
The crowd support in Mumbai was terrific with lots of friends/families camping out on the race route early in the morning to cheer up the runners. Route was from CST Azad Maidan via the scenic Marine Drive till Mahalakshmi and back to CST

Azad Maidan ..a huge green expanse had arrangements for mobile toilets/baggage point/refreshments counters and the certificate-timing chip counters.

The naval band played at the start of the Marine Drive stretch..lots of cheering mumbaikars offering water/nimbu besides the official kingfisher pts.

Overall a carnival atmosphere..will look forward to visit next year too.

1 comment:

Rahul Verma said...

I am a native of Shimla, presently living in US. I am running my first Full Marathon on April, 6th in Paris, France. On weekend of 29th March I will be in Delhi, have to do 10-12 miles of long run, can you suggest a safe route. I would love to run the Raj Path, from India Gate to Rashtrapati Bhawan, do you think that is practical? How long is Raj Path? Is your group planning to run that weekend? Can I join you guy Thanks for the info

Powered By Blogger